We understand that circumstances change. Please be respectful of our other patients and staff by adhering to your scheduled appointment.
- Appointments for patients arriving more than 15 minutes late are subject to cancellation.
- Please call if you will be late so we can try to accommodate you and our other patients.
- We request a minimum of 24-hour notice for cancellation of an appointment. In the event this is not possible, please call our office as soon as possible, so your scheduled time may be offered to another patient.
- Patients who repeatedly disregard these requests are subject to termination with the practice at the discretion of the provider or mandatory prepayment for the office visit.
Patients under 18 years of age are required to have a legal guardian accompany them to all appointments.
- Our office requires co-pays and co-insurance at the time of service and they may be collected when you check-in.
- Self-pay patients are expected to pay the agreed upon balance at the time of service. Most surgical services require 100% payment prior to the surgical appointment.
- Balances from previous services must be paid before additional services will be rendered.
Prescription Refill Policy
All of our providers (physician, nurse practitioner, physician assistant) participate in electronic prescribing directly to your local and mail order pharmacies. Our goal is to process prescription refill requests within 24 to 48 hours. Please keep the following in mind when requesting a refill from your pharmacist:
- Prescription refills require close monitoring by your provider to ensure the safe continuation of the appropriate dose, frequency and term of that medication. Your provider will prescribe the appropriate number of prescription refills to last until your next scheduled appointment.
- To avoid running out of medicine, it is the patient's responsibility to schedule the next appointment in advance and with adequate time to receive the needed prescription refill.
- Some medications are not refillable by telephone request; e.g. prednisone. An in-person evaluation is required.
- Some medication refills will only be given with a limited quantity and/or no additional refills. Please call the office to schedule reevaluation of your problem.
- No refills will be given if the patient has not been seen in the office in the last 12 months. Oral medications will generally not be refilled if the patient has not been seen in the last 6 months.
- Medications requiring pre-authorization may require additional time to process.